Briefmatic Terms Of Service
Welcome to Briefmatic, here are our terms of service.
Our Terms Of Service
- Briefmatic is a service created by Briefmatic Limited ("we", "us") provided at briefmatic.com, through our mobile and web applications and through third party websites which may integrate with our platform ("Briefmatic"). Briefmatic provides a platform that allows individuals and organizations ("Users") to create tasks and manage work tasks enabling collaboration with other people (each, "you").
- By using or accessing Briefmatic you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms"). These Terms are important and legally binding so please read them carefully. If you don't agree to them, you should not use Briefmatic.
- We may cancel or suspend your account or access to Briefmatic at any time if we consider (in our absolute discretion) that you have breached these Terms.
- We reserve the right to update and change the Terms from time to time without notice, and add new features to Briefmatic that will be subject to these Terms. If you continue to use Briefmatic after any changes, you’ll be taken to have agreed to them. You can always find the current version of the Terms on our website.
These Are Your Responsibilities
- We aim to make Briefmatic a positive and fun place for you to connect and collaborate with others. However, we do not take part in, and are not responsible for, any communications between you and any other users. Anything you share through Briefmatic is at your own risk.
- You are responsible for all activity that results from your use of Briefmatic. You agree to use Briefmatic and interact with other users of Briefmatic in good faith.
- You may not use, or assist anyone to use, Briefmatic (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to post any information that is in breach of any confidentiality obligation, copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of any person; (c) to communicate anything defamatory, abusive, harmful, obscene, offensive, threatening, objectionable, sexist or racist; or (d) to upload or transmit any virus or malicious code.
- You agree to fully indemnify us, and keep us indemnified, against all forms of liability, actions, proceedings, demands, costs, charges and expenses which we may incur, be subject to or suffer as a result of your use of Briefmatic.
If You Create An Account
- You will need to provide certain information in order to complete the signup process to obtain an account. You agree to provide true, accurate and current information about yourself as prompted by Briefmatic and to notify us of any changes. You must not claim to be someone you aren't, create a false presence for an organization, create multiple accounts or register with, or access, Briefmatic via bots or other automated methods.
- When you create an account you confirm that you are over the age of 13.
- We will take reasonable precautions to keep your account secure and protect it from unauthorized access. You agree to keep your account details and password secure and agree not to share your password with anyone else. We will not be liable for any loss or damage if you fail to comply with this security obligation.
- You must be an authorized representative to create an account. We reserve the right to cancel or transfer ownership of an account if we determine, in our sole discretion, that your account infringes the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- You can cancel your account at any time firstname.lastname@example.org. We are not liable for any loss or damage following, or as a result of, cancellation of your account.
We May Charge Fees
- We may charge fees for the use of certain services offered by Briefmatic as published on our website, or supplied to you directly.
- We may change the amount of fees payable from time to time. We will notify you of any change in fees via email to the email address you provided us when you registered your account or by posting notice on our website.
- All fees are stated in USs Dollars and are exclusive of all taxes. We do not pay any taxes on your behalf. You are solely liable for any taxes resulting from your use of Briefmatic.
- If you cancel your account, you will not be entitled to a refund for any fees that you have already paid.
Briefmatic Might Not Always Be Perfect
- Briefmatic is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and you use it at your sole risk.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law we disclaim and exclude all implied conditions and warranties. To avoid doubt, we do not warrant that Briefmatic (a) will meet your specific requirements, expectations or be fit for your particular purpose; (b) will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- If you are acquiring the right to access and use Briefmatic and are agreeing to these Terms for the purposes of operating a business you agree that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction does not apply to the use of Briefmatic and/or these Terms.
- We will try to promptly address (during our normal business hours) all technical issues that arise in connection with Briefmatic, however there may be times when Briefmatic is inaccessible.
- From time to time, we may make changes to Briefmatic which may add, modify, and/or remove features. We will endeavor to let you know about these changes in advance, but these updates may be pushed out automatically with little or no notice.
- You acknowledge that the Internet is inherently insecure. You accept the risk that any information stored or transmitted on the Internet or through email may be intercepted, subject to unauthorized access or fraudulent behavior.
- You agree that we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential loss (including but not limited to loss of data, profits and anticipated savings) resulting from the use of, or the inability to use, Briefmatic. If we are held to be liable to you for any reason, then our liability to you is limited to an amount equal to the average fees paid by you to us for one month for any single event or related series of events.
Briefmatic Might Link To Other Sites And Apps
- Briefmatic will enable you to access other applications and websites (like Jira or Miro). Even though these applications and websites are accessible through Briefmatic, they are not owned or controlled by us. Accordingly, we are not responsible or liable for, and you release us from, any loss or damage incurred by you as a result of your access to those applications and websites.
We Own Any Intellectual Property In Briefmatic
- You agree that we own all of the intellectual property rights existing in Briefmatic including any improvements, enhancements, modifications or adaptations. You agree not to, and will not permit or encourage any third party to, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, reverse-engineer or decompile Briefmatic in whole or in part.
- Unless you have our express written consent, you must not (a) alter our logo in any way; (b) use our logo in a way that suggests any type of association or partnership with us; (c) use our logo in a way that is harmful, deceptive, obscene or otherwise objectionable to the average person; or (d) use our logo to, or in connection with, content that disparages us or damages our reputation.
This Is A Legal Agreement, So Some General Provisions Apply
- These Terms shall be governed by New Zealand law, and all users submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts for any matter or dispute arising in relation to these Terms.
- These Terms represent the entire agreement between you and us in relation to the use of Briefmatic.
- If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full effect.
- If we do not exercise or enforce any right available to us under these Terms, it does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- If you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of Briefmatic, or if you would like to give us feedback or notice, you can contact us by emailing email@example.com.